Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Spooky Kohlrabi (situation)

As you can see from the following photo, we have a Kohlrabi Situation at our house. Our farm share was particularly prolific in the kohlrabi department this year, and while we've been eating them, we simply cannot keep up.

Combine the Situation with my need to bring healthy Halloween snacks to yoga tonight and my grandmother's everlasting mantra of thou shall not waste anything, ever, particularly food, resulted in the following stroke of genius. If you're a regular old person, you probably think I'm too self-congratulatory in this statement.

If you have a K.S., you're welcome.

Ingredient:
Kohlrabi (or jicama would work, if you're situation-less and actually shopping for Halloween ingredients.)
1. Peel the kohlrabi.

2. Slice into rounds or half rounds (I find cutting easier if I cut it in half).

3. Use your cookie cutters to cut shapes out of the kohlrabi.

4. Serve with dips of your choice. I'm using my hurry, curry recipe, but a black bean dip, guacamole or hummus would work very well.

More kohlrabi recipes from the NYT here.

No comments:

Post a Comment